- Grab your walking shoes and come play on car-free streets Sunday, May 28 on a brand new route from Market Square to Uptown and the South Side!
- OpenStreetsPGH invites the community to get outside and be active, providing an opportunity to reimagine our streets as places for people, not just cars.
- Join us for free yoga, dance and fitness workshops; community arts; and special promotions presented by over 100 local businesses and organizations.
- Sunday, May 28, 2017 from 9 AM – 1PM
- For full events schedule: http://openstreetspgh.org/schedule/
- May “Tunnel to Town” Route: 4 miles from Market Square to Uptown through the Armstrong Tunnel to East Carson Street in the South Side.
- Where to go: The Peoples Fitness Hub at Market Square, Highmark Community Fitness Hubs Gist Street in Uptown and 12th + Carson in the South Side.
- Unlike other events, OpenStreetsPGH does not necessitate a completely continuous street closure. At each event, car drivers will be able to cross the route at a dozen porous intersections along each route. More information can be found at OpenStreetsPGH.org/route.
- “This is the first season where each route is different, getting more people from new neighborhoods to experience the magic of OpenStreetsPGH,” said Scott Bricker, executive director of Bike Pittsburgh.
- “OpenStreetsPGH is a great opportunity for everyone to get outdoors, get moving and come together as a community,” said Neil Parham, director of community affairs, Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield. “Highmark’s support of this fun, family-friendly event is a reflection of our longstanding commitment to build healthier, stronger communities.”